Happy Belated New Year!
Its been a fun holiday break, but I am finally back and ready to take on the new year full throttle. I know I’m about 18 days late but I have been preoccupied with the start of the new semester and work projects. I wanted to talk about my new year plans and what I’m currently learning and reading about. This is more of a personal post with sprinkles of marketing info here and there.
Before I go on to list my full schedule, I wanted to talk about what I’m currently working on during my free time. Since graduation is creeping up on me, I have been searching for jobs constantly! Im looking to go into Entertainment/Music, fashion, sports, new media, or cosmetics industries. I have been looking in cities all across the united states. Im extremely hopeful and motivated I will find something I really love and have a passion for, working for a brand I believe in. I know the job hunting process can be extremely stressful and difficult but with websites like Indeed.com and MediaBistro.com it’s made a lot easier! If anyone is going through the same process and needs any help, I would love to provide any advice I can offer, just comment below!
With that being said, here is what else I’m doing….
Current Book I’m reading: The code of the extraordinary mind by Vishen Lakhiani. Although I have just started reading this book, it has opened my mind in ways nothing else has. I strongly recommend you purchase it as soon as possible! Its a great book for self discovery and realization. It is beautifully written and so eye opening! I can’t wait to continue reading.
Current Classes I’m taking:
- Digital Analytics & Content Marketing– So far, I’m obsessed with this class. It is my last and only marketing class this semester. It focuses on social media marketing (Selling and promoting products and brands via social media platforms), SEO, content marketing and many related topics. I will be working on a lot of projects during this semester in this class which I will be posting and sharing on here in the near future.
- Managerial Communications- this class allows you to learn the best methods of communicating in a business environment and within an organization.
- Corporate responsibility- Responsibility that a corporation (or any business really) has towards its stakeholders. What is ethical and what is the best way to maximize stakeholder value.
- Business policy & strategy- What determines the success of certain corporations and the failure of others? Learning what can be done about a companies problems and strategizing the best options for a companies success.
- Managerial Economics & Business strategy: Discusses price theory with business applications, Market structures and pricing strategies.
Where I am currently working at: Since I have five classes, as opposed to six this semester, I have decided to return to my freelance position as a website content manager for a local jeweler. Using a CMS, I created her business website and managed it this past summer. With the extra free time I have now, I decided there are many improvements to be done and have taken on this role once again. I will be working on JanLevinRedesigned.com as well as another Ecommerce site for her jewelry line. I will be posting updates throughout my blog.
On top of all the above, I am trying to get to the gym at least 5 times a week, (Pray for me) as well as update this blog once a week. I will be posting responses to questions I get via tumblr, Instagram and twitter on here about marketing, beauty, fashion and other related topics. Thank you for listening!
Hoping everyone’s new year is off to a great start!
Until Next Time….